By being a member of GDDC, you enjoy the following:
- Free interaction with GDDC professional fraternity through our open forums and Monthly
- Free connection to Gender and Disability experts drawing from our broad network base of
researchers, local and international universities, fellows and students regionally and
- Free information on local or international upcoming seminars, college offerings,
fellowships, scholarships for members interested in Gender and Disability courses.
- Free access to GDDC member’s directory.
- Information on job vacancies and placements of qualified Persons with Disabilities
- Membership certificate and Identification that certifies members as Gender and Disability
professionals across all sectors.
- Free participation in our bi annual Persons With Disability Festival “Sote Pamoja”, set aside
to help person’s with Disability access micro-finance, education as we raise awareness on
Disability mainstreaming in Kenya.
- Participation in the “African Girl” set aside to address Female Genital Mutilation (FGM),
Rape as a tool of violence in Eastern and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Free subscription to Publications, research and newsletters informing
institutions/individuals on the progress of Gender or Disability mainstreaming not only in
Kenya but regionally and internationally.
- Access to Gender and Disability mainstreaming portal for members to discuss issues and
share experiences online.
- Free access to our resource centre, journals, Gender and disability mainstreaming for those
interested in Gender analysis and Disability research and development.
- Use of membership credentials example GDDC for full members
- Membership certificate and identification for state corporations, private and public
institutions as Gender and Disability Responsive environments.
- Free facilitation in the interpretation of sex disaggregated for member state institutions that
desire to track gender and disability mainstreaming actions in the institution.
- State, public and private corporations are eligible to a 10% discount in the identification
and setting of sector specific Gender targets and indicators for the adoption of a Gender and
Disability policy document
- Discounted fee for identification of institutional gender needs,gaps,priorities for various
sectors Example Educational institutions, Agriculture, Energy, Tourism and horticultural
Tourism that seek to adopt a Gender mainstreaming policy.
- Gender and Disability in-house trainings at a discounted fee for every individual nominated
to participate in in-house trainings facilitated by GDDC.
- Discounted fees for Gender analysis of development planning at the county and national
- Customization of Gender and disability in-house training tailored to equip employees of
various institutions, Gender committee members and/or relevant nominated participants
on how to conduct Gender and Disability Monitoring and Evaluations as guided by best
- Free advice on the integration of disability policy action plans into the institutions’
recruitment and HR manual.
- Participation during our annual Gender and Disability mainstreaming awards where we
award and recognize the best performers in mainstreaming Gender and Disability locally
and regionally. This award will also recognize member institutions that equally enable the
equitable and fair treatment of men, women and Persons with Disabilities (PWD’s) within
- Partnerships together with member organizations to create awareness on Gender Based
Violence and the need to help victims deal with the stigma